5th INTERNATIONAL GUITAR FESTIVAL OF THESSALONIKI
REGULATIONS FOR THE COMPETITION OF ARRANGEMENT OR TRANSCRIPTION
The Thessaloniki Conservatories Board of Alumni organizes during the 5th International Guitar Festival in Thessaloniki, the Competition of Arrangement or Transcription for guitar. Defined as arrangement for a classical guitar the elaboration of a melody, of a song or whatever motto or no of a piece, and as transcription the transfer of a piece written for another instrument or a group of instruments for the guitar. The aim of that competition is to augment the modern repertory of the classical guitar.
- The competition of arrangement or transcription for the year 2018 requests one arrangement or transcription for guitar of one play written for another instrument, a group of instruments or an orchestra despite the time or the style which not lasts less than five (5) minutes and no more than ten (10). The arrangement or the transcription could be the motto of the competition. In that case, it could be used in all the activities of the 5th International Guitar Festival of Thessaloniki. The arrangements or the transcriptions which will be submitted, should not have been published or played in any other public concert, recital and should not have been reproduced or posted in social networks or other mass media before the ceremony of the festival. The arrangements or the transcriptions should be written for a six-string solo guitar.
- The competition is open to all competitors regardless the nationality or the age. As far as the participation is concerned the competitor shall send to the competition: a) 8 copies of the sheet music and 1 (one) copy of the original piece that the competitor used as a base. These, should not contain any information or reference which could allow the identification of the competitor. Each copy should have prominently the name of the piece and its duration. b) A closed envelop, with the same name as the sheet music, with the following form of application, properly completed and signed in the correct points with : a name, surname, clear address (phone number, fax, e-mail) signed declaration that the piece is not published and a phone number for any communication after the end of the festival.
2 recently photos of the competitor, which should be signed at the back
A curriculum vitae
A copy of the receipt of the entry fees
The envelop must be sent in the following address until the 19th of February 2018:
Vassileos Georgiou 26, Thessaloniki 54640, Greece
In any case, the date that is referred in the postal stamp will be considered as the date of the sending. The omission to observe the regulations which have been published above, may lead to the exclusion of the competitor from the festival. All the written material should be indicated with readable capital letters and in one of the formal languages of the contest (English, Greek).
- The registration fee for the contest is 30(thirty) Euro for the first piece, whereas for the other opus which will be sent by the same competitor the cost will be 20(twenty) Euro for each piece. (Every competitor can send more than one opus/compositions in the contest).
The payment will be conducted as it follows:
– Bank Transfer to : Thessaloniki Conservatories Board of Alumni IBAN : GR5301102100000021048025353, for the 5th International Guitar Festival of Thessaloniki
The fee cannot be paid back.
- One international jury which consists of 5(five) members at least whose names will be announced by the organizers after the 1st of January 2018, will be authorized to choose maximum 3 pieces for the award. The three pieces which will be chosen, will be played by the guitarist and the Artistic Director of International Guitar Festival of Thessaloniki Mr. Fotis Koutsothodoros at 12th April 2018. The winner will be announced at 15 April 2018.
The music piece which will win, will be awarded with 300(Three hundred) Euro. The winning piece will be published. The winning piece will be performed in the presence of the composer during the 5th International Guitar Festival of Thessaloniki and is going to be attended by artists, teachers, contestants in the guitar and specialized magazines. If there are any other prizes apart from those listed, they will be awarded during the ceremony.
- The jury has the right not to accord or to accord the award. The decision of the jury is definite.
- The competitor who wish to take back the copies of the work that they have sent (one copy will stay in the records of the organizing committee) have to fully undertake the costs to send them.
- The application for participation in the contest, confirms that the contestants accept highly all the rules and regulations set at this present sheet.
- In case of any disagreement or difference of opinion on the regulations, the only valid text will be the present announcement written in Greek and completed with 8 (eight) paragraphs/sections (competent authority: the courts of Thessaloniki, Greece).
For information apply to the:
International Guitar Festival of Thessaloniki
Tel: 2314014325, Mob: 6974992324
www.igft.gr | www.fotisguitar.com
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
The 5th International Guitar Festival of Thessaloniki will be held in Thessaloniki from 11 to 15 April 2018